Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Project Manager - IS Implementation
Department: Info Sys Bram Implem Svs
Schedule: Full time 36-40 hours (with benefits)
Shift: First Shift (Day)
* Summary of Position Description
The Project Manager has primary responsibility for facilitating the planning, implementation and post implementation phases of various strategic projects for the department, Maine Medical Center and/or at participating regional hospitals. The Project Manager will determine the appropriate qualitative and quantitative measures to evaluate progress and successful implementation. These projects will result in measurable improvements that will impact clinical, administrative, financial systems, and/or the infrastructural systems of MMC and that will benefit our patients, families and staff. The Project Manager will also provide regular progress reporting to his/her supervisor and other groups as appropriate.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
* Three to five+ years project management experience that are multidisciplinary in nature with documented success. IS project managers are responsible for analysis projects and implementation projects for IS systems. The position requires the incumbent have proven work experience in healthcare as well as knowledge of systems and IT organizations. This position will require exposure at the MaineHealth level since a good portion of the project management assignments incorporate the MaineHealth community. Addtionally, a knowledge of the subject matter in areas they are managing;,i.e. clinical systems, business systems, IS infrastructure, or facilities project is critical.
* Bachelor's degree in a related field. Master's preferred. May accept a combination of management and technical experience which is usually acquired through the completion of a Bachelor's Degree program.
* Knowledgeable of computer programs needed for position.
* May require highly developed negotiation skills. (Check with department to see if this is a requirement.)
* Demonstrated highly developed organizational skills.
* Excellent oral and written presentation skills; ability to write and present for a variety of audiences.
* A high level of analytical and critical thinking skills are needed to assist in the development of new systems, techniques, procedures and to develop special and recurring reports or analysis.
* A high level of interpersonal skills are necessary to support dynamic work teams and communicate effectively with a wide variety of patients/families, hospital administrative staff, clinicians and external contacts and vendors.
HR Use Only: